Smith Aquatic & Fitness Center
The facility was designed by Bargmann Hendrie + Archetype Inc. with assistance from Train and Partners. 
In 2012, 70,344 people used the facility. 
Adult city residents will pay $8 for a daily visit, $170 for a multi-visit pass, $37 for an individual monthly access pass or $370 for an annual pass. For a non-resident, those costs are $11, $247, $49 and $490, respectively. A city family of four can pay $88 to have a monthly access pass or $880 for an annual one; and a non-city family of four would be charged $118 for a monthly pass or $1,180 for an annual pass.
- Two Indoor Pools (one competitive pool and one leisure pool)
- Two Indoor Water Slides
- In-Water Play Structure
- Lazy River
- Fitness Area with Cardio & Strength Training Equipment
The U.S. Green Building Council has awarded the Smith Aquatic Center a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certification at the platinum level. That is the highest level offered by the organization. Construction waste did not end up in a landfill. Windows provide daylight to 98% of the building, reducing the need for lighting. Ultra-violet lights are used in conjunction with a CO2 water treatment system to reduce the need for chemicals. A solar-powered system heats up water for internal use. 
The trade paper Athletic Business Magazine named Smith as a 2011 Facility of Merit, 
- Web. , Rachana Dixit, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, October 19, 2010, retrieved October 19, 2010.
- Web. Charlottesville - Smith Aquatic and Fitness Center, City of Charlottesville, retrieved September 14, 2010.
- Web. 2011 Facility of Merit Winner: Smith Aquatic & Fitness Center, Buford Middle School, Athletic Business Magazine, October 11, 2011, retrieved October 17, 2011.
- Web. Charlottesville Parks and Recreation Update for City Council, May 2013, Brian Daly, City of Charlottesville, retrieved May 10, 2013.
- Web. Smith Aquatic Center Becomes Platinum LEED Certified, Ric Barrick, City of Charlottesville, October 4, 2011, retrieved October 6, 2011.
- Web. City's Smith center honored, Daily Progress Staff Reports, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, October 15, 2011, retrieved October 17, 2011.