Difference between revisions of "Pantops Academy"

From Cvillepedia
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "The '''Pantops Academy''', was a private Presbyterian school for boys located on the Pantops farm property; founded by Reverend Edgar Woods and operated from 1879...")
 
m (added closing information and link to Daily Progress)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The '''Pantops Academy''', was a private Presbyterian school for boys located on the [[Pantops farm]] property; founded by Reverend [[Edgar Woods]] and operated from [[1879]] to [[1906]]. The three story lecture hall, gymnasium, and dormitories have been demolished.<ref>{{cite web|title=From The Monachans to Monticello and Beyond|url=https://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/Forms_Center/Departments/Community_Development/Forms/Historic_Preservation/AB-060_Monicans_to_Monticello_Prehistoric&Historic_Contexts_Albemarle_1995_TRC_report.pdf|author=|work=|publisher=Albemarle County|location=|publishdate=May 1995|accessdate=May 8, 2019}}</ref>
+
The '''Pantops Academy''', was a private Presbyterian school for boys located on the [[Pantops farm]] property; founded by Reverend [[Edgar Woods]] and operated from [[1879]] to [[1906]]. The three story lecture hall, gymnasium, and dormitories have been demolished.<ref>{{cite web|title=From The Monachans to Monticello and Beyond|url=https://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/Forms_Center/Departments/Community_Development/Forms/Historic_Preservation/AB-060_Monicans_to_Monticello_Prehistoric&Historic_Contexts_Albemarle_1995_TRC_report.pdf|author=|work=|publisher=Albemarle County|location=|publishdate=May 1995|accessdate=May 8, 2019}}</ref> In July of 1904, a Daily Progress article noted that the school would not be opened the next session.<ref>https://search.lib.virginia.edu/catalog/uva-lib:2086082/view#openLayer/uva-lib:2086083/5265/3120.5/3/1/0</ref>
  
 
[[Category: 1879 establishments]]
 
[[Category: 1879 establishments]]

Latest revision as of 20:19, 19 July 2019

The Pantops Academy, was a private Presbyterian school for boys located on the Pantops farm property; founded by Reverend Edgar Woods and operated from 1879 to 1906. The three story lecture hall, gymnasium, and dormitories have been demolished.[1] In July of 1904, a Daily Progress article noted that the school would not be opened the next session.[2]


Logo-small25.jpg This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.


References

External Links