Meadow Creek Parkway Interchange
The Meadowcreek Parkway Interchange is an element in the development of the city's portion of the Meadowcreek Parkway. Preliminary engineering work is ongoing, with the selection of a final design alternative slated for early 2008. Costs for the project range between $33 to $37 million. The majority of funding comes from an appropriation of federal funds announced in 2005. This came from an earmark from Senator John Warner (R-VA).
The City of Charlottesville is overseeing the project.
The project's stated purpose is:
- To enhance transportation mobility for local residents
- To safely accommodate projected future traffic volumes
- To accommodate and enhance pedestrian and bicycle needs in the project area
On February 18, 2003, City Council heard a report from NDS Director Jim Tolbert regarding an RFP that was being issued to study possible intersection designs for where the Meadowcreek Parkway would meet the Route 250 BypassCite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
<ref> tag. However, City Council decided instead to select Alternative G1, a signalized intersection, as its designated alternative.
The project's initial development was overseen by a steering committee, appointed by the Charlottesville Mayor and City Council.
- Richard Berman, Neighborhood Representative
- Stephen Bolton, CHART
- John Conover, Rivanna Trails Foundation
- Michael Farruggio, Charlottesville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Robert Hodous, Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce
- John Hossack, Neighborhood Representative
- Cheri Lewis, Charlottesville Planning Commission
- Kevin Lynch, Charlottesville City Council
- Leigh B. Middleditch, Jr., Citizens Committee for City-County Cooperation
- Calvin Morris, Albemarle County Planning Commission,
- Russell Perry, Planner/Architect
Alternates: (also appointed by Mayor/City Council of Charlottesville)
Project Team: Technical Support Staff to Steering Committee
- Tony Edwards, Charlottesville City Engineer
- Jeanette Janiczek, Charlottesville VDOT Program Coordinator
- Greg Krystyniak, VDOT Program Manager
- Owen Peery, RK&K Engineers Project Manager
- Leo Rutledge, VDOT Local Assistance Division
- Brent Sprinkel, VDOT Culpeper District
- Mike Svetz, Charlottesville Director of Parks & Recreation
- Angela Tucker, Charlottesville Project Manager
The new version of Charlottesville Tomorrow's Transportation Matrix is being developed in Google Maps, and it will eventually replace the image below.
<googlemap lat="38.04281" lon="-78.474859" width="250" height="250" zoom="17"> 38.037005, -78.469162, Charlottesville Tomorrow </googlemap>
- 'City Council selects signalized intersection for Meadowcreek Parkway interchange', Charlottesville Tomorrow. 5 Jun. 2008. Charlottesville Tomorrow. 2 Mar. 2009