League of Women Voters of Charlottesville/Albemarle
The League of Women Voters of Charlottesville and Albemarle County was founded in 1946 to encourage public participation in all levels of government. The organization is non-partisan and has never endorsed or supported a candidate for public office. However, the group has taken political positions through the years.
Membership is open to individuals at a cost of $55 per year. Activities include candidate forums, a voter guide, voter registration, and a guide to locally-elected officials. Members and public are invited to monthly Community Dialogues and annual Legislative Luncheon (first Friday in January). Committees include: International Relations/Federal Government; Natural Resources; and Women's Issues.
"The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy."
"Water in the New Millennium"
1932 Arlington Boulevard, Room 111
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434) 970-1708 (fax)
Board of Directors
Here's a photo taken at the September 2011 Board of Directors meeting. Those attending were (left to right): Gerry Kruger, Community Engagement; Michele Kellermann, Webmaster and Newsletter Editor; Debora Hoard, Voters Service; Mimi Bender, Women's Issues; Pat Hurst, President; Marge Cox, Treasurer; Sue Lewis, Vice President; Linda Goodling, Natural Resources; Marie Krizek, Membership 
- Web. League of Women Voters of Charlottesville/Albemarle 2011-13 Board of Directors, Charlottesville/Albemarle League of Women Voters, retrieved August 10, 2011.
|An article on Wikipedia has information about Leagues of Women Voters in areas beyond Albemarle County's borders.|