Kenneth C. Boyd
Supervisor Ken Boyd (R-Rivanna)
Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
|Preceded by||Charles Martin|
|Preceded by||Dennis Rooker|
|Succeeded by||David Slutzky|
|Succeeded by||Sue Friedman|
|Date of birth||Oct. 10, 1947
|Place of birth||Washington, D.C.|
Kelley and Cory
|Alma mater||Averett University|
Boyd Financial Services
Ken Boyd is a financial planner who has served on several Albemarle County boards and commissions. He was last elected as a Republican to a second term on the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
Boyd announced his candidacy for the United States House of Representatives on September 14, 2009.
Boyd was born in Washington D.C. He moved to Albemarle County in 1981.
Boyd is a small-business owner who started his financial planning business in 1991 after a twenty-three year banking career.
Boyd is currently on the board of Computers4Kids.
Boyd is currently a member of the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors and served as its chairman in 2007 and 2008.
Committee Assignments and Appointments
Boyd has chaired the Audit Committee, and been a member of the Fiscal Impact Advisory Committee, the Development Review Process Task Force, and the Eastern Connector Alignment Study Committee. While a member of the School Board, he served for two years on the CATEC board.
- Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority (Appointed 2010)
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority (Appointed 2009)
- Member of Fiscal Impact Advisory Committee
- Member of Darden Towe Memorial Park Committee
- Member of Development Review Process Task Force
- Member of Eastern Connector Alignment Study Committee
All of Boyd's elections for county offices have been for seats in the Rivanna Magisterial District.
Boyd announced his candidacy for the U.S. House of Representatives on September 14, 2009, joining many other Republicans interested in challenging Tom Perriello.
|Ken C. Boyd (R) incumbent||2,408||51.57|
|Marcia E. Joseph (D)||2,259||48.38|
Boyd was first elected to the Board of Supervisors in 2003.
|Ken C. Boyd (R)||1,830||52.56|
|Peter G. Hallock (D)||1,652||47.44|
|Source: Virginia State Board of Elections|
Boyd's first election was for the Albemarle County School Board.
|Ken C. Boyd||3,687||100.00|
- "Mallek defeats Wyant; Boyd, Dorrier re-elected." http://www.cvilletomorrow.org/. 2007. Charlottesville Tomorrow. 
- Web. Boyd plans to challenge Perriello in 2010, Brian McNeill, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, 15 Sept. 2009, retrieved 15 Sept. 2009.
- Don Van der Linde? Wasteworks whacks recycler with RICO, Dave McNair, The Hook, Aug 17, 2009
- "General Election- November 4, 2003." Virginia State Board of Elections. 23 June 2009 <http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/ElectionResults/2003/nov/003.htm>.
- 675 Berkmar Circle
- Charlottesville, Virginia 22901
- Home: 434-977-9981
- Email: email@example.com