Difference between revisions of "Jefferson Area Tea Party"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
|Line 18:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 13:27, 21 November 2011
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
The Jefferson Area Tea Party was founded in 2009 as an organization of individuals who seek a reduced role for government at all levels in the United States. In March, the group plans to begin sending volunteers to monitor Charlottesville City Council and the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
As of March 17, 2011 the JTAP steering committee is:
- Carole Thorpe, Chair
- Helen Swift-Dovel, Treasurer & Secretary
- Kevin Blair
- Nancy Dixon
- Steven Peters
- Robert Tracinski
- Eva Young
- March 17, 2011: Forum on local sustainability issues. 
<play audio>http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/files/20110317-teaparty.mp3 </play audio>
The Jefferson Area Tea Party has been critical of City Council and City Manager Maurice Jones for the way they have handled the Occupy Charlottesville. Their leaders have claimed city government has shown favoritism by allowing the group to stay in the Lee Park overnight. 
- Jefferson Area Tea Party. JATP Rally at Robert Hurt's Office Tomorrow Morning. 23 Mar. 2011. Web. 23 Mar. 2011.
- Web. Area tea party shifts focus to local government, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, January 18, 2011, retrieved January 18, 2011.
- Web. About us, Jefferson Area Tea Party, retrieved 17 Mar. 2011.
- Web. Tea Party hosting forum to review local sustainability initiatives, Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 17, 2011, retrieved March 17, 2011.
- Web. Political favoritism pre-occupies council, Carole Thorpe, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 21, 2011, retrieved November 21, 2011.