Christopher J. Dumler
|Christopher J. Dumler|
Scottsville Magisterial District
|Date of birth||April 22, 1985
|Alma mater||Georgia Tech
Univ. of Virginia Law School
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Dumler is very active in the community. He was appointed by the Board of Supervisors to the Board of Region Ten Community Services, which he also serves as Chairman of the Finance and Fundraising Committees. He also serves on the Albemarle County Natural Heritage Committee, and as Counsel for the Albemarle County Democratic Committee. In addition to his involvement with county-wide organizations, Dumler serves the town of Scottsville on its Board of Zoning Appeals and Government Services Committee. He is a member of the Scottsville Chamber of Commerce. He is on the Advisory Council of the Legal Aid Justice Center.
Dumler is a volunteer firefighter and an Eagle Scout.
Dumler currently serves as a Captain in the United States Army Judge Advocate General Corps Reserve.
2011 election for Board of Supervisors
Christopher Dumler won election to represent the Scottsville Magisterial District on the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors He ran against James C. Norwood. Three weeks after announcing his candidacy for the position on June 11, 2011, Dumler raised over $10,000, out-raising his opponent 10:1, from over 85 individual donors, becoming the supervisor candidate with the highest number of donors.
- Press conference announcing transportation policy platform - Sept. 12, 2011
<play audio>File:20110912-DumlerPressConference.MP3 </play audio>
|Candidate Profile Resources|
|Candidate||Christopher J. Dumler (D) - Challenger|
|Office||Albemarle Board of Supervisors, Scottsville District|
|Election year||2011 election|
|Candidate interviews by Charlottesville Tomorrow|
|Candidate interview transcript|
|Candidate interview audio|
Videos from Dumler campaign
|Christopher J. Dumler's twitter feed (not written by cvillepedia contributors):|
Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/cville/www/www/extensions/Widgets/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compilebase.php on line 78
- Web. Boyd turns back Neff; Dumler wins in Scottsville, Aaron Richardson, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 8, 2011, retrieved November 8, 2011.
- "Interview with Chris Dumler." Personal interview by Brian A. Wheeler. Charlottesville Tomorrow. 11 June 2011.
- Web. Region Ten - About Region Ten - Board, Region Ten Community Services, retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Web. Boards and Commissions Maintenance, Albemarle County, retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Web. Steering Committee, Albemarle County Democratic Committee, retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Web. Scottsville Town Council minutes, Town of Scottsville, retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Web. BOARD & ADVISORY COUNCILS, Legal Aid Justice Center, retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Web. Dumler announces campaign for Albemarle Board of Supervisors, Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, 27 May 2011, retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Web. Sierra Club endorses Neff, Dumler and Mallek for Albemarle Board, Chiara Canzi, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, September 28, 2011, retrieved October 3, 2011.