Charlottesville Albemarle Technical Education Center
The Charlottesville Albemarle Technical Education Center, usually referred to as CATEC is a public technical education center in Albemarle County jointly administered by Albemarle County and Charlottesville. CATEC provides high school and adult students with academic, career, and technical education programs to prepare for their future. Students may choose to seek employment upon graduation and/or continue their formal education through apprenticeship programs or advanced study in technical institutes, community colleges, and universities.
Adult classes are held in the evenings, and include apprenticeship training, Nurse Aide, and computer classes.
CATEC was founded in 1973 as a jointly owned and operated facility providing technical education to adults 16 years and older in such subjects as Auto Technology, Cosmetology, Masonry, and several others. The school is maintained by a Center Board comprised of three members from both city and county school boards.
- File:20131115-CATEC Strategic Plan Models.pdf
- File:20131209-CATEC Strategic Plan Phase 1 Research.pdf
During the December 17, 2013 strategic plan work session, the Board approved a preschool training program feasibility study.
- Adam Hastings, Director
- Bruce Bosselman, Adult Education Coordinator
- Deborah Gannon, Administrative Intern
CATEC is located at 1000 E. Rio Road
- Web. History, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved June 4, 2012.
- Web. Technical education center to be strategically focused on ‘real jobs’, Tim Shea, Charlottesville Tomorrow, Charlottesville, VA, December 16, 2013, retrieved December 19, 2013.
- Web. CATEC Board approves preschool feasibility study, reacts to strategic plan models, Tim Shea, Charlottesville Tomorrow, Charlottesville, VA, December 19, 2013, retrieved December 19, 2013.
- CATEC Official Site
- Charlottesville Albemarle Technical Education Center record from Albemarle's GIS-Web