|< 2018||All years||2020 >|
- This article is a date listing important events for the year 2019.
- February 23, Saturday ndash; On the House Floor, Delegate David J. Toscano (D) announced his retirement from House of Delegates (HD 57). He will not be seeking re-election to the House of Delegates at the November 2019 general election and that he will continue to serve the people of Charlottesville and Albemarle County through the end of his seventh term on December 31, 2019.
- January – Charlottesville City School Board member Amy Laufer resigns ahead of family's move from the city.
- January 9 – City resident Sena Magill (D) made her announcement today that she would be a candidate for Charlottesville City Council. 
- January 10 – On this Thursday, Lloyd Snook announces his council bid and joined "a quickly growing field of candidates for three seats on Charlottesville City Council". 
- January 21 – Brian Pinkston (D) announced his candidacy for a seat on the Charlottesville City Council.
- February 23 Saturday – Delegate David J. Toscano (D-Charlottesville), Virginia House of Delegate representing the 57 District, announced he will not be seeking re-election to the at the November 2019 general election and that he will continue to serve the people of Charlottesville and Albemarle County through the end of his seventh term on December 31st.
- March 5 – Del. Steve Landes (R-Verona) announced today that he will be a candidate for the Clerk of Circuit Court for Augusta County that he is not seeking re-election to the Virginia House of Delegates representing the 25th District. He has served in the Virginia House of Delegates since 1996, representing HD 25 which includes portions of Augusta, Albemarle and Rockingham counties.
- March 11 – Filing opens at 12:00 p.m. for primary party candidates to submit their Declaration of Candidacy with Chairman of their local political party; non-primary party candidates do not need to file.
- March 28 – Deadline for primary party candidates to submit their Declaration of Candidacy for the General Assembly today at 5:00 p.m.
- June 11 – Filing deadline for candidates seeking office in the November General Election, today at 7:00 pm.
- June 11 – The City Council Primary Election will be held today.
- November 5 – The General Election will be held today, polls open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Web. Laufer resigns from city School Board; McKeever elected as chairwoman, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, January 10, 2019, retrieved January 14, 2019.
- Web. Sena Magill, Region Ten board member, launches council campaign, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, January 9, 2019, retrieved January 10, 2019.
- Web. Snook announces council bid, Nolan Stout, News Article, Daily Progress, January 10, 2019, retrieved January 14, 2019.
- Web. Delegate Steve Landes to run for Augusta County Clerk of Court, WHSV newsroom, WHSV-TV3, Harrisonburg, VA, Posted: Tue 4:06 PM, Mar 05, 2019, retrieved March 10, 2019.
- Web. Candidate Bulletin Local and Constitutional Offices Requirements for the June 11, 2019 Primary Elections and November 5, 2019 General Elections, Virginia Department of Elections, Revision 1/2/2019, retrieved March 9, 2019.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|