The Virginia General Assembly created Albemarle County by separating the northern portion of Goochland County. The courthouse for the new County of Albemarle was established at a site that would latter became known as Scott's Landing. This site was to west of the present day Town of Scottsville. The house of Edward Scott was used as a temporary courthouse until one could be built. This site was used as the county seat until 1762 when a new courthouse was erected in the new Town of Charlottesville. Gradually all evidence of this early community faded from site and history. .
- Web. Town of Scottsville Comprehensive Plan, Town of Scottsville, June 18, 2008, retrieved December 28, 2010.