US 250/Peter Jefferson Parkway Intersection Improvements, Park and Ride, and Access Management
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Sponsor||Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission|
US 250/Peter Jefferson Parkway Intersection Improvements, Park and Ride, and Access Management is a candidate project in the fifth round of the Smart Scale funding process administered by the Virginia Department of Transportation. 
|This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.|
The project is recommended for funding with a final decision slated for June by the Commonwealth Transportation Board. 
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
"The project would have four main elements:
- Add a right-turn only for eastbound traffic on 250 (turning right onto Peter Jefferson Parkway) to reduce rear-end crashes at this intersection; the existing shared right-turn/thru-lane should be converted to thru-only
- Implement a “Thru-cut” at the 250/Peter Jefferson Parkway intersection such that thru-movements on the minor approaches are eliminated to maximize signal efficiencies and reduce delay
- Construct a new park and ride lot on the northwest corner of the 250/Peter Jefferson Parkway intersection
- Complete the median between Pantops Mountain Road and Peter Jefferson Parkway – this access management treatment is intended to improve safety and reduce delay. This application may include at-grade pedestrian crossings of 250 at Pantops Mountain Road and/or Peter Jefferson Parkway." 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Web. Descriptions of Smart Scale Applications in Albemarle County, Albemarle County, retrieved May 30, 2022.
- ↑ Web. Three Albemarle projects move forward in Smart Scale process; One from Nelson advances, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Town Crier Productions, January 22, 2023, retrieved April 12, 2023.