Talk:Strategic Investment Area
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mind the dust
Links and citations and more information will come as this develops. No one seems to have written about it yet and there's no website. Appointments to the steering committee were made at the December 17, 2012 City Council meeting and I'll add citations when I can. There's a lot of overlap with PLACE Design Task Force. --Seantubbs 12:09, 18 December 2012 (CST)
Removed steering committee meetings
moved here for now
Steering Committee Meetings
- Project Team Introduction - February 20, 2013
- Steering Committee Site tour - February 21, 2013
- Steering Committee Meeting - February 22, 2013
- Steering Committee Meeting - March 15, 2013
- Steering Committee Meeting - April 24, 2013
- Steering Committee Meeting - May 17, 2013
- Steering Committee Meeting - July 16, 2013
Removed some goal bullets
- To reconnect the new and existing neighborhoods with one another, Downtown, area schools, parks, and the trail network.
- To formulate a comprehensive vision for the area in order to reposition it with its own unique identity building on its historical, cultural, and physical characteristics, including its topography and Pollocks Branch.
- To identify and brand the SIA as an emerging urban “Ecodistrict” with the Pollocks Branch watershed as the catalyst of a green system of stormwater management, utilizing cutting edge sustainable practices and strategies for new built interventions.
- To add new residential units within the SIA in order to increase the city’s tax base, increase opportunities for affordable housing, allow for a mix of unit types and prices, promote a mixed-income community, and provide a critical mass of residents to support additional needed retail.
- To increase access to economic opportunities for public housing residents through increased transit, bicycle and pedestrian access to jobs, education, and training in and beyond the SIA.
- To increase access to jobs, community services, and economic opportunity by increasing commercial space within the SIA.
To address feasibility of the plan's goals, the vision plan contains a "development feasibility" section featuring the work of Bolan Smart Associates.