S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a financial information provider, and a significant employer at its Charlottesville headquarters.
|This topic is well-covered by the wikipedia article SNL Financial|
New Mountain Capital acquisition
New Mountain Capital announced in July 2011 that it acquired a majority interest in SNL. Terms were not named, but SNL founder Reid Nagle will be the second-largest shareholder as a result.  The company will remain headquartered in Charlottesville. 
McGraw Hill Financial acquisition
The company was purchased by McGraw Hill Financial in July 2015 for $2.2 billion. 
After the McGraw Hill Financial acquisition, SNL merged with S&P Capital IQ to form S&P Global Market Intelligence.
Following a shareholder vote in April 2016, McGraw Hill Financial was rebranded as S&P Global.
- Web. New Mountain Buys Majority Stake In SNL Financial, Erik Holm, Wall Street Journal, retrieved July 26, 2011.
- Web. Office of Economic Development News - July 2011, City of Charlottesville, retrieved August 10, 2011.
- Web. No layoffs expected at SNL Financial in buyout, Dean Seal and Bryan McKenzie, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, July 28, 2015, retrieved July 28, 2015.
- Web. Following merger, SNL Financial gets new name, Staff Reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, 8 February 2016, retrieved 24 May 2016.
- Web. McGraw Hill Financial Changes Name to S&P Global Inc., PR Newswire, 27 April 2016, retrieved 24 May 2016.
- Web. Green roofs sprouting around community, Courtney Beale, Charlottesville Tomorrow, May 8, 2012, retrieved May 9, 2012.