Office of the Albemarle County Attorney
The County's Attorney Office is the legal department for Albemarle County. Staff gives legal advice to the Board of Supervisors, the School Board, and all other County departments. Staff also makes sure that the decisions of the Board and the Planning Commission are legal.
- Larry Davis, County Attorney (retiring spring 2016)
- Greg Kamptner, County Attorney (effective June 1, 2016)  
- Andrew Herrick, Senior Assistant County Attorney
- John C. Blair, II, Senior Assistant County Attorney
- Jennifer C. Tevendale, Assistant County Attorney
- Web. New Albemarle County Attorney announced, Charlottesville Newsplex, April 15, 2016, retrieved April 18, 2016.
- Web. Kamptner looking forward to challenge of being Albemarle’s county attorney, Michael Bragg, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, April 24, 2016, retrieved April 25, 2016.
- Web. County Attorney Home, County of Albemarle, retrieved May 9, 2014.