Neighborhood Improvements Funding Initiative
The Neighborhood Improvements Funding Initiative is a one-time program in Albemarle County that is aimed at supporting small-scale programs in the county's growth areas. $1.4 million is to be split evenly throughout the seven growth areas. The funding comes from the $8.1 million surplus from FY2016.  Supervisors opted to retain ultimate control over what would be funded.  Community meetings began on March 13, 2017. 
The program was honored by the Virginia Association of Counties in 2018. 
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
|Project||Sponsoring CAC||Cost Estimate||Status||Narrative|
|Avon Street Extended Corridor Study ||5th and Avon||$75,000|
|Baker-Butler Elem. School Improvements||Places29-North||$200,000|
|Cale Elementary School Crosswalk||5th and Avon||$125,000|
|Commonwealth Dr & Greenbrier Dr. Intersection sidewalk clearing||Places29-Hydraulic||$5,000|
|Free Bridge Trail Access Improvement||Pantops||$200,000||Contract awarded to Dorin Landscaping on December 21, 2018||The project is generally described as approximately 125’ of linear connecting trail and associated site improvements|
|Pedestrian Improvements along Rio Road, Greenbrier Drive intersection||Places29-Rio||$200,000|
|Rivanna Greenway Stabilization||Village of Rivanna||$15,530.00||Request for proposals reissued on December 20, 2018||The project is generally described as the stabilization of existing outfalls through the installation of water control structures to prevent erosion and to reduce the probability of future flooding undermining and adversely affecting the Rivanna Greenway Trail and the Glenmore Country Club property.|
|School-Pedestrian Connections (Albemarle-Jouett-Greer)||Places29-Hydraulic||$195,000|
|The Square Improvements||Crozet||$200,000|
- Web. Albemarle development areas to receive equal neighborhood improvements funding, Tim Dodson, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 14, 2017, retrieved June 26, 2017.
- Web. Supervisors not ready to select process for neighborhood funding, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, February 1, 2017, retrieved December 26, 2017.
- Web. Albemarle neighborhood investment meetings begin Monday, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 12, 2017, retrieved December 28, 2017.
- Web. Albemarle supervisors approve projects recommended for $1.4M surplus, Allison Wrabel, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 9, 2017, retrieved November 10, 2017.
- Web. Albemarle development areas to receive equal neighborhood improvements funding, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 14, 2017, retrieved December 31, 2017.
- Web. Avon Corridor Study, Website, Albemarle County Department of Community Development, retrieved April 22, 2019.