|Founder||John Lawrence, Lynelle Lawrence |
|No. of locations||4|
Mudhouse is a local chain of coffee shops, with locations on the Downtown Mall, in downtown Crozet and espresso bars in two Tiger Fuel gas stations. Its locations frequently feature local art and music.
Mudhouse was begun as a coffee cart located on the Downtown Mall in the 1993-1994 winter and opened its first physical branch, at its current downtown location, in 1995.
Mudhouse Director of Operations Dan Pabst has competed in barista competitions and advanced as one of 50 finalists to the U.S. Barista Competitions in California.
- Web. Brawl on the mall, John Borgmeyer, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, June 7, 2003, retrieved May 13, 2018. Print. June 7, 2003 .
- Web. About - Why and What Came Before, Mudhouse, 2008, retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Web. Going Upstairs, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, April 20, 2009, retrieved December 14, 2011. Print. August 24, 2012 , 22.16, .
- Web. New coffee shops percolating around Central Virginia, Brian McNeill, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, April 13, 2009, retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Web. Snap o' the day: Uncle Charlie's R.I.P., Lisa Provence, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, February 23, 2009, retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Web. Mudhouse Launches 'Build Crozet Library' Brew, Kristin Twiford, NBC29, October 21, 2012, retrieved October 22, 2012.