|This article is written like an advertisement. Please help rewrite this article from a neutral point of view.|
Michael R. Matthews, Jr is a professional engineer and President of Matthews Development Company, LLC, a highly specialized firm focused on complex, high-profile facilities for mission-focused clients that require an understanding of the full range of financial, political, technical and regulatory issues surrounding a development and construction program.
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
An Echols/Rodman Scholar graduate of the University of Virginia, Matthews also holds a professional engineering license and real estate license. He and his firm have worked on major capital projects such as the newMartha Jefferson Hospital, Monticello Visitors Center (LEED Gold), the Thomas Jefferson Foundation's restoration of Montalto (LEED Silver), the Jefferson Scholars Graduate Fellows Center at the University of Virginia (LEED Gold), Westminster Canterbury of the Blue Ridge and many others nationwide. 
In addition to his professional contributions Matthews has also served in a variety of civic roles:
- Chairman, Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport Authority, 2000-2003
- Member, Charlottesville /Albemarle Airport Commission 1994-2003
- President - Albemarle Housing Improvement Program (AHIP) 2004-2009
- Chairman, Building Committee, Central Virginia American Red Cross
- Chairman, Real Estate Committee Albemarle Housing Improvement Program 2003-2009
- Director, Jordan Development Corporation (non profit affordable housing)
- Board of Directors, Central Virginia American Red Cross
- Web. Qualifications, Matthews Development Company, retrieved June 14, 2012.
|This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject, rather than references from independent authors and third-party publications. Please add citations from reliable sources.|