Significant events that happened (or will happen) on March 5.
- 2020 – Council opts to not raise the property tax rate for FY21 
- 2021 – UVA President Jim Ryan announced $10 million endowment to pay for scholarships for students who transfer from Piedmont Virginia Community College. 
- 2020 – John F. Merchant, first Black graduate of UVA School of Law and one-time legal counsel to Tiger Woodsis notable for being legal counsel to a young Tiger Woods and worked to help integrate professional golf. He was also executive director of the National Minority Golf Foundation and was inducted into the National Black Golf Hall of Fame in 2010. 
- Web. City Council doesn't support tax rate increase, wants to give more to schools, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, March 6, 2020, retrieved March 8, 2020. Print. March 7, 2020 page A1.
- Web. Nearly $10 Million Committed To Establish New Uva-Pvcc Partnership, William Cocke, News Article, University of Virginia, March 5, 2021, retrieved March 27, 2021.
- Web. Notable Charlottesville-area deaths of the past year, Staff reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, January 3, 2021, retrieved January 3, 2021.