Louisa is governed by a seven-board member Board of Supervisors, each of whom is elected to represent a magisterial district. The county administrator is Christian R. Goodson.
Board of Supervisors
- Toni Williams, Chairman, Jackson District, term expires December 31, 2019
- Duane Adams, Vice Chairman, Mineral District, term expires December 31, 2021
- Robert Babyok, Green Springs District, term expires December 31, 2021
- Tommy Barlow, Mountain Road District, term expires December 31, 2021
- Fitzgerald D. Barnes, Patrick Henry District, term expires December 31, 2021
- Willie L. Gentry, Jr, Cuckoo District, term expires December 31, 2019
- Troy Wade, Louisa District, term expires December 31, 2019
- Holly Reynolds, Chair
- Gordon Brooks, Vice Chair
- Ellis Quarles
- Cyrus Weaver
- George Goodwin
- Greg Jones
- John Disosway
- Tommy Barlow, Board of Supervisors liaison
- Ed Jarvis, Town of Mineral representative
The Louisa County Water Authority provides drinking water and treats wastewater for regions under its jurisdictional footprint. 
- Northeast Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant (NEC WTP)
- Zion Crossroads Wastewater Treatment Plant (ZCWWTP)
- Louisa Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant (LRWWPT)
There is a Louisa County Landfill that is still operational. The Board of Supervisors approved a new solid waste disposal cell at its meeting on September 4, 2019 at a cost of $2.4 million. 
- Web. Analyzing area's growth will be key for future planning, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, February 5, 2011, retrieved February 9, 2011.
- Web. Virginia Population Estimates, Website, Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service, January 30, 2017, retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Web. Agenda Packet for August 5, 2019 Louisa Board of Supervisors Meeting, Louisa County, retrieved August 4, 2019.