Lonnie M. Murray
Lonnie Murray is an elected official representing Albemarle County on the Thomas Jefferson Soil and Water Conservation District. He has also serves on the Natural Heritage Committee and the Rivanna River Basin Commission. 
He has advocated for closing loopholes in the Albemarle County's water protection ordinance. 
He also raised concerns in regard to how water protection regulations address changes from one land use to another, “Certainly, there are some problems and gaps in the guidance provided to localities in terms of how regulation should occur as properties transition through these different land uses. Particularly, the change from forestry [use] to pasture to residential is not very clear”. 
In 2010 as part of the Albemarle County natural Heritage Committee's annual report he brought Paw Paw pie for Board of Supervisors to help educate the public about the importance of biodiversity 
Mr. Murray has been involved for many years in local environmental and community planning initiatives, including the Charlottesville Citizens Committee on Environmental Sustainability, Albemarle County Natural Heritage Committee, Biscuit Run State Park Master Plan Advisory Committee, and was one of the founders of Charlottesville Earth Week. Mr. Murray is also active on the Thomas Jefferson Water Resources Protection Foundation Board and the Virginia Noxious Weeds Advisory Committee. He presently represents the TJSWCD on the Rivanna River Basin Commission. He lives in Albemarle County with his wife and children. 
Murray has declared he will seek election to another term in 2019. 
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
2015 election for Soil and Water Director, Thomas Jefferson District
He was reelected in 2015 during an uncontested election for one of the two seats by 12,305 votes. 
2011 election for Soil and Water Director, Thomas Jefferson District
|Lonnie M. Murray||9,118||36.98|
|Steven G. Meeks||8,734||35.42|
|David B. Norford||6,718||27.24|
|Source: Virginia State Board of Elections.|
- Web. 2017 Rivanna River Basin Commission, retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Web. Albemarle farmers share concerns at stream buffers meeting, retrieved 18 June 2017.
- Web. West Virginia governor’s company fails to pay property taxes in Albemarle, faces questions over land use, retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Web. Natural Heritage chair delivers annual report, pawpaw pie, retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Web. Board of Directors Bios, Thomas Jefferson Soil & Water Conservation District, Thomas Jefferson Soil & Water Conservation District, retrieved June 18, 2019.
- Web. Voters to decide on an abundance of local, state elections in 2019, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, December 22, 2019, retrieved January 14, 2019.
- Web. 2015 November General, retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Web. November 2011 General Election Official Results, Virginia State Board of Elections, retrieved 21 Jan 2012.