Significant events that happened (or will happen) on June 8.
- 1948 – City Council general election 
- 2011 – Albemarle Board of Supervisors votes 4-2 to withdraw from ICLEI 
- 2011 – The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors changed its policy position to support the Western Bypass in what is sometimes referred to as 'the midnight vote.' 
- 2006 – The Aviator statue is added to the Virginia Landmarks Register 
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Web. Charlottesville Voters To Pick Three Councilmen Tomorrow, Staff Reports, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, June 7, 1950, retrieved November 4, 2017 from University of Virginia Library. Print. June 7, 1948 page 1.
- Web. Supervisors drop ICLEI membership but renew grant commitment, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 9, 2011, retrieved January 18, 2020.
- Web. Dorrier makes late-night switch to revive Western Bypass, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 9, 2021, retrieved June 8, 2021.
- Web. 002-5073 The Aviator, Virginia Landmarks Register, August 15, 2018, retrieved January 18, 2020.