Significant events that happened (or will happen) on July 12.
- 1898 – John Henry James is lynched by a white mob 
- 1989 – Albemarle Board of Supervisors adopts Comprehensive Plan update  
- 2019 – Historical marker unveiled in Court Square commemorating the lynching of John Henry James 
- Web. Albemarle Co., C'Ville Officials Unveil Historic Marker Memorializing John Henry James, Meghan Moriarity, News Article, WVIR NBC29, Charlottesville, VA, July 12, 2019, retrieved July 13, 2019.
- Web. Hathi Trust Digital Library, retrieved February 5, 2021.
- Web. County of Albemarle, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors Minutes, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Albemarle County, July 12, 1989, retrieved February 5, 2021.
- Web. Marker honoring local lynching victims unveiled, Allison Wrabel, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, July 12, 2019, retrieved July 12, 2019.