Jack Jouett Middle School
Jack Jouett Middle School is an Albemarle County public middle schools offering classes in sixth through eighth grade. Jack Jouett is part of the Northern Feeder Pattern. Jack Jouett students attended either Agnor-Hurt Elementary School, Greer Elementary School, Broadus Wood Elementary School, or Woodbrook Elementary School and will continue on to graduate from Albemarle High School. As of 2012 Jack Jouett has 581 students enrolled and employs 65 staff and faculty members.
Jack Jouett Middle School is named for Jack Jouett (patriot), a hero of the American Revolution nicknamed the "Paul Revere of the South" after he rode to warn Thomas Jefferson late at night of an impending British attack on Charlottesville. The school opened in 1966 on the same day as Henley Middle School. With an overwhelming number of students for the two middle schools, many students were transferred to Burley High School, which became known as the "Jack Jouett Junior Annex" until 1977, when, with the completion of Western Albemarle High School, Jack Jouett was confirmed as a middle school providing sixth through eighth grade classes. In 2003 the school underwent major construction, with significant additions including 11 classrooms and major renovations to the library and main office areas.
The following is a list of people who have served as principal
|2019 - present||Ashby Johnson|
|2006 - 2019||Kathryn Baylor|
|2003 - 2006||David Rogers |
|1995 - 2003||Russell L. Jarrett|
|1974 - 1995||James Helvin|
|1970 - 1974||Robert Thraves|
|1966 - 1970||G. Elwood Hall|
Safe routes to school
The advisory committee has recommended the name Journey Middle School. 
Jack Jouett School is located at 210 Lambs Lane.
- Web. Jack Jouett Middle School Profile, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved June 1, 2012.
- Web. Jackson P. Burley School Profile, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved June 1, 2012.
- Web. Student, Teacher, Assistant Principal, and Soon-To-Be Principal, Ashby Johnson, Will Succeed Kathryn Baylor as Jouett’s Leader, Phil Giaramita, News Release, Albemarle County Public Schools, March 29, 2019, retrieved July 17, 2021.
- Web. After 43 Years in Education, Dave Rogers to Retire as Sutherland Middle School Principal, Phil Giarmita, Press Release, Albemarle County Schools, June 13, 2014, retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Web. Safe Routes to School Travel Plan - Greer Elementary and Jouett Middle, retrieved June 6, 2012.
- Web. Sutherland naming advisory committee appointed, Katherine Knott, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, February 26, 2020, retrieved March 1, 2020. Print. February 26, 2020 page A3.
- Web. Survey: Jack Jouett Middle School community wants name to stay the same, Staff reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, May 28, 2021, retrieved June 4, 2021.
- Web. Committee recommends Jack Jouett Middle School name change, News Staff, News Article, CBS19 News, July 16, 2021, retrieved July 17, 2021.