|Electoral District||Charlottesville Magisterial District|
|Succeeded by||R.H. Wood|
James Hollis Rinehart, Sr. (1871 - 1943) was a prominent businessman responsible for the construction of many significant landmarks in Albemarle County and Charlottesville. Rinehart was also Chairman of the Board of Supervisors from 1920 to 1923.
Rinehart founded the National Bank & Trust Co., in 1914 and served as its president until 1926, when he became chairman of its board of directors, a post which he held until his death. Hollis was born in Botetourt County on January 6, 1871 and died in Albemarle County on July 12, 1943.
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
In the 1920's, Rinehart built four mansions in western Albemarle County, each of which was on the northern side of what is now Ivy Road: Kenridge (now known as Colridge) for himself, Boxwood, White Gables, and a fourth home for his sons.
University of Virginia
- Web. Mr. Rinehart Chairman of County Board, Daily, Daily Progress Digitzed Microfilm, University of Virginia Library, January 6, 1920, retrieved June 28, 2015.
- Web. Purchases Desirable Property, Staff Reports, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, August 9, 1917, retrieved August 9, 2016 from University of Virginia Library. Print. August 9, 1917 page 1.
- Web. , Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, January 2, 1914, retrieved May 30, 2021. Print. January 2, 1914 page 1.
- Web. Road Opinions, Staff Reports, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, August 2, 1919, retrieved August 2, 2016 from University of Virginia Library. Print. August 2, 1919 page 1.
- Web. Business Leader and Banker Dies, Staff, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, July 13, 1943, retrieved May 30, 2021.
- Rao, Mythili. "The HooK: NEWS- Ivy condos: White Gables set for development." The HooK - Charlottesville's weekly newspaper, news magazine. The Hook, 25 July 2002. Web. 10 Nov. 2009. <http://www.readthehook.com/Stories/2002/07/25/3newsIvyCondos.html>
- Web. A Research Prize Is Established By Mr. Hollis Rinehart, Staff Reports, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, January 10, 1925, retrieved May 12, 2016 from University of Virginia Library. Print. January 10, 1925 page 1.