|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
The Eagle Tavern (also known as the Old Eagle Tavern, the Eagle Hotel, or Mr. Wright's tavern) was a public house in historic Court Square that opened in 1791.  One owner was John G. Wright, who reopened the tavern on January 4, 1822.  The structure was located at 100 Court Square, later the site of the Farrish House Hotel.  It is one of several sites around Court Square that is purported to have served as a location for slave auctions.
- Web. Charlottesville Downtown Walking Tour, Tom Kloster, Great Streets, Tom Kloster, retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Web. This Day in Charlottesville History, City of Charlottesville, retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Web. Charlottesville & Albemarle County Courthouse District, Journey Through Hallowed Ground, National Park Service, retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Web. 1619 Project - Slave Auction Sites, New York Times, February 20th, 2020
- Schulman, Gayle. Site of Slave Block? The Magazine of Albemarle County History, vol. 58, 2000.