Member, Albemarle County Service Authority Board of Directors
|Term End||December 31, 2013|
|Preceded by||Don Wagner|
|Succeeded by||Kimberly Swanson|
Thomas practices in the Michie-Hamlet's commercial group, where his experience includes commercial litigation, employment law, construction law, securities litigation and arbitration and products liability litigation.
A native of Virginia, Thomas attended Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Alexandria before matriculating to Swarthmore College and the University of Virginia School of Law.
During law school, Thomas worked for the Greene County Commonwealth's Attorney's office, where he prosecuted a broad range of criminal cases. Following graduation, David clerked for the Hon. Danny C. Reeves in federal district court in Kentucky, where he was exposed to a broad range of federal litigation as well as appellate litigation before the Sixth Circuit. Thomas then moved to Washington, D.C., to practice with a large national firm based out of Palo Alto, California, representing technology companies in commercial, securities, and antitrust litigation.
Thomas then moved to a regional litigation firm, where he practiced in the area of products liability before returning to Charlottesville..
A lecturer at the University of Virginia School of Law, Thomas teaches a course in Trial Advocacy.
ACSA board membership
Thomas is the Rio Magisterial District's representative on the Albemarle County Service Authority's Board of Directors. He was appointed to the position in January 2010 by Supervisor Rodney Thomas.
Thomas received a Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, from Swarthmore College in 2002 and a law degree from the University of Virginia in 2005.
Thomas is the Secretary-Treasurer of the Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association, and a member of the 2010 class of Leadership Charlottesville. He also serves as the Schools Committee Chair for the UVa Club of Charlottesville
- Web. About the ACSA, Albemarle County Service Authority, retrieved February 29, 2012.
- "David W. Thomas - MichieHamlett Law Firm | Commercial Litigation Group | Charlottesville, VA - Our Team." MichieHamlett Law Firm | Attorneys at Law | Charlottesville, VA and Roanoke, VA - Welcome! Web. 20 Jan. 2010. <http://www.mhlrt.com/commercial/bios/proThomas.htm>.
- Tubbs, Sean J. "New members join Albemarle Planning Commission tonight." Charlottesville Tomorrow News Center. Charlottesville Tomorrow, 12 Jan. 2010. Web. 12 Jan. 2010. <http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/charlottesville_tomorrow_/2010/01/new-albemarle-planning-commissioners.html>.
- "Member List." CABA. Web. 20 Jan. 2010. <http://www.cabaonline.org/member_list.php?letter=t>.
- "Officers List" UVaClub website. <http://uvaclubs.virginia.edu/site/c.bdKEIUNsEkG/b.3907685/k.2B0F/Contact_Us.htm>