|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Hired at UVa-Wise in September 2005, Prior became chancellor on April 11, 2006. During his tenure, UVa-Wise held a 5-year fundraiser which ultimately exceeded its goal and earned $50 million. Prior also oversaw the construction of a new dining hall, the Gilliam Center for the Arts, two residence halls, as well as renovations to the college’s Science Center and other facilities The new library and health and wellness center that will soon be built can also be attributed to Prior.. The new convocation center at UVa-Wise will be named in his honor.
Before serving as chancellor and biology professor at UVa-Wise, Prior taught at the University of Kentucky, served as provost for the University of Wisconsin, was chairman of the Department of Biology and dean at Northern Arizona University, and published over 100 research articles.
- Web. Prior leaves a legacy of growth at UVa-Wise, Allie Robinson, February 5, 2012, retrieved February 9, 2012.
- Web. UVa-Wise mourns Chancellor David Prior's death, Jordan Fifer, The Highland Cavalier, February 3, 2012, retrieved February 9, 2012.
- Web. UVa-Wise mourns death of chancellor, Steve Igo, TimesNews.net, February 2, 2012, retrieved February 9, 2012.
- Web. UVa-Wise, community honor chancellor at memorial service, Steve Igo, timenews.net, 6 Feb 2012, retrieved 9 Feb 2012.
- Web. Biography, Steve Igo, University of Virginia College at Wise, retrieved February 9, 2012.