David P. Bowerman
Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
|Preceded by||Patricia H. Cooke|
|Succeeded by||David Slutzky|
|Preceded by||Frederick R. Bowie|
|Succeeded by||Walter F. Perkins|
|Place of birth||Charlottesville, VA|
Republican David Bowerman served on the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors from 1989 to 2005, representing the Rio Magisterial District. He was chairman of the Albemarle County Planning Commission in April 1986.  He had been appointed to a second term in January 1986. 
Like many supervisors during his tenure, Bowerman was cautious when it came to economic development. 
2001 election for Board of Supervisors
In 2001, Bowerman's opponent was Thomas Jakubowski, marketing director for Ragazzi's restaurant. In 2001, Jakubowski challenged incumbent Supervisor David P. Bowerman on an anti-tax increase platform, losing with 897 votes to Bowerman’s 3,085.
|David P. Bowerman incumbent||3,085||77.07|
|Thomas J. Jakubowski||897||22.41|
1997 election for Board of Supervisors
|David P. Bowerman||2,800||100.00|
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Web. County of Albemarle, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors Minutes, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Albemarle County, April 2, 1986, retrieved May 26, 2019.
- Print: Supervisors Name 3 to School Board, Kathy Hoke, Daily Progress, Worrell Newspaper group January 4, 1986, Page B1.
- Web. Board of Zoning Appealrs, Albemarle County, retrieved June 15, 2019.
- Print: In Goochland, a cautionary tale, Brian Root, Daily Progress, Media General April 10, 1998, Page A1.
- John Yellig and Julie Stavitski, The Daily Progress, April 19, 2005) (via Loper)