Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/cville/www/www/extensions/Widgets/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compilebase.php on line 78
Cville 3D is a community project sponsored by Charlottesville Tomorrow. The project's goal is to model all of the urban areas of Charlottesville and Albemarle County in Google Earth using Google Sketchup.
The project seeks to utilize 3-dimensional models to bring into focus community infrastructure and the built environment. According to Charlottesville Tomorrow, a complete 3-D model will document our community’s history and growth in a visual way, helping the public fully comprehend the built environment of our area. 
Use this article's TALK page to
- Learn about training opportunities
- Share modeling efforts currently underway
Two categories are used in cvillepedia to indicate whether a model related to an article is complete or in progress.
- Articles with models completed and visible in public Google Earth
- Articles with a model known to be in development for Google Earth
- Web. Charlottesville-Albemarle in 3D, Charlottesville Tomorrow, retrieved Sept 13, 2010.