Cornerstone is a 127-acre mixed-use neighborhood in Lynchburg, Virginia that opened in 2008. It was approved for up to 1,000 residences, commercial areas, and a public park.
The property used to be the Wooldridge farm on Greenview Drive. Developer Mark Borel secured permission to convert it into a mixed-use development. 
The project has been opposed from the beginning by the Windsor Hills Neighborhood Association. Many were concerned about damage to Dreaming Creek
Construction began in late 2006.
In 2007, the development sought permission to create more single-family homes on smaller lots.  At one point, the neighborhood association filed a formal complaint with the Board of Zoning Appeals. 
Another controversy erupted in 2013 after there were allegations the Vue apartment complex was renting exclusively to college students. Vue consists of five apartment buildings with 77 units. Some residents of other Cornerstone areas were concerned they had been lied to. The Lynchburg city attorney concluded the Vue was in accordance with city law.  
A 19.5 acre public park was to have been dedicated to the city of Lynchburg, but developers opted not to do so after city officials balked at a requirement it be named after the developers. The city was also not willing to take on the cost of maintaining the park. 
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Texas Inn
- Web. Cornerstone Community Puts a New Spin on the Traditional Neighborhood Development, Suzanne Ramsey, Lynchburg Business Magazine, July 2013, retrieved November 11, 2014.
- Web. Cornerstone streets get OK, Alicia Petska, Lynchburg News & Advance, retrieved November 27, 2014.
- Web. Cornerstone mega-development draws more ire from neighbors, Alicia Petska, Lynchburg News & Advance, Sands, Anderson, Marks & Miller website, December 11, 2007, retrieved November 11, 2014.
- Web. Lynchburg Officials Speak Out on Cornerstone's Vue Apartments, WSET, May 16, 2013, retrieved November 27, 2014.
- Web. Lynchburg City Attorney Clears the Air on Cornerstone, WSET, May 28, 2013, retrieved November 27, 2014.
- Web. Cornerstone partners will not donate public park to the Lynchburg, Alicia Petska, Lynchburg News & Advance, June 22, 2008, retrieved November 27, 2014.
- Web. Texas Inn to open new location in Cornerstone, Brent Wells, Lynchburg News & Advance, August 10, 2012, retrieved November 27, 2014.