Commonwealth Restaurant & Skybar
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
The Commonwealth Restaurant & Skybar is a restaurant with a rooftop bar that opened September 2011.
The restaurant had originally been expected to open in June 2011. Alex George is one of five investors working on the project, which will be located in the former A&N Building on the downtown mall. Construction required the bricking over windows in apartments located in an adjacent building.
Plans were approved by the Board of Architectural Review in February 2011.
The cuisine is expected to be "new American with a South American influence." 
- Web. Mall madness: Roof-top views, new deli, fancy Asian, pastries, and kabobs, Dave McNair, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, August 19, 2011, retrieved August 24, 2011. Print. August 25, 2011 , 1034, .
- Web. New 'skybar' restaurant coming to the Mall, Dave McNair, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, February 16, 2011, retrieved February 18, 2011. Print. February 17, 2011 , 1008, .
- Web. Downtown Mall to get 1st rooftop restaurant, SHARON C. FITZGERALD, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, February 16, 2011, retrieved February 21, 2011.
- Web. commonwealth restaurant + skybar, Andrea Hubbell, Andrea Hubbell Photography, March 24, 2011, retrieved March 28, 2011.
- Web. ALLOY WORKSHOP’S COMMONWEALTH RESTAURANT & SKYBAR OPENS TO ACCOLADES FROM DINERS AND DESIGN AFFICIONADOS ALIKE, Alloy Workshop, November 17, 2011, retrieved November 21, 2011.