Cobham Park is a 19th century structure in Albemarle County listed on the Virginia Landmarks Register. It was listed on the VLR on January 15, 1974 and the National Register of Historic Places on July 18, 1974. 
Narrative from Virginia Landmarks Registry
"Established in the 1850s, Cobham Park is pre-eminent among Virginia antebellum estates. The grounds are laid out in the tradition of English romantic landscaping, with sloping lawns and clumps of trees informally arranged to make pleasing vistas. The property originally was the summer home of William Cabell Rives, Jr., second son of William Cabell Rives of Castle Hill. The house, built ca. 1855, shows unusually early Georgian Revival influences, having the character of an 18th-century mansion. It was executed E. S. McSparren, an English master carpenter who also worked at Grace Church, Cismont. The cynosure of the interior is the flying spiral staircase, a carpentry tour-de-force. The estate was purchased in the early part of this century by the Peter family of Tudor Place, Washington, D.C. and served as a Peter country home until the 1970s."
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Web. 002-0153 Cobham Park, Virginia Landmarks Register, September 7, 2018, retrieved January 19, 2020.