Claudius Crozet Park
Claudius Crozet Park is a 23-acre park in western Albemarle County operated by a non-profit organization.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
In 1985, the park's board of directors asked the county for funding assistance for capital infrastructure. That began a working relationship that has lasted ever since and has seen over $1 million in funding for recreational facilities. 
In January 2012, the Board of Supervisors approved a reallocation of $200,000 from the county's CIP to allow the park to add an inflatable dome to allow the swimming facility to operate year-round.  The Crozet Park Aquatics and Recreation Center opened on May 5, 2012. 
|This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.|
The nonprofit is seeking expansion including an indoor pool in a 21,000 square foot building as well as a 36,000 square foot recreation center.  The item went before the Albemarle Planning Commission on March 23, 2021 and Commissioners had many concerned. The developer sought a deferral and will update the proposal. 
Every year, the Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival is held.
Coordinates: 38°04′00″N 78°41′40″W / 38.0667°N 78.694417°W
- ↑ Web. Claudius Crozet Park Community Building Improvement, Agenda for January 11, 2012 meeting of Albemarle Board of Supervisors, County of Albemarle, retrieved January 12, 2012.
- ↑ Web. County support for Crozet pool sparks renewed interest by swimmers at Fairview, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, January 12, 2012, retrieved January 12, 2012.
- ↑ Web. Open House at Crozet Park May 5 Marks YMCA Debut, Crozet Gazette, Crozet Gazette, May 3, 2012 Print. May 2012 .
- ↑ Web. Park Board Remains Optimistic on Expansion, Lisa Martin, Crozet Gazette, Crozet Gazette, November 6, 2020, retrieved November 7, 2020. Print. November 6, 2020 .
- ↑ Web. Park Project Hits Roadblock at Planning Commission, Lisa Martin, News Article, Crozet, Virginia, April 2, 2021, retrieved April 3, 2021.