Charles P. “Chip” Boyles, II
Boyles’ previous positions include the Vice President of Programs and Administration for the East Baton Rouge (Louisiana) Redevelopment Authority, Director of the Office of Community Development for the City of Baton Rouge/East Baton Rouge Parish Government, and Development Coordinator at the Lowcountry Council of Governments in South Carolina. Boyles was also city manager in Taneytown, Maryland, from 1995 to 2000. 
Boyles received a Master’s in Public Administration from Clemson University and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of South Carolina. 
Time as manager
Boyles' tenure as City Manager began on February 15, 2021. Four months in, he told the Daily Progress that it had been as positive experience so far and had developed a good working relationship with City Council. 
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Web. Charlottesville City Council appoints new city manager, News Staff, News Article, CBS19, Charlottesville, Virginia, January 14, 2021, retrieved January 15, 2021.
- Web. Chip Boyles to serve as Charlottesville’s new city manager, Staff Reports, News Article, NBC29, January 14, 2021, retrieved February 6, 2021.
- Web. A longer look and listen: Charlottesville City Council hires regional administrator as next city manager, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Community Engagement, Town Crier Productions, January 15, 2021, retrieved May 24, 2021.
- Web. https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-2000-10-11-0010110155-story.html, Maria Blackburn, News Article, Baltimore Sun, October 11, 2000, retrieved January 18, 2021.
- E-mail. Ryan Pace at RPace@tjpdc.org, TJPDC. "Press Release: TJPDC Announces New Executive Director." Message to firstname.lastname@example.org. 24 March 2014.
- Web. Boyles reflects on first four months as Charlottesville city manager, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, retrieved July 1, 2021.