Cherry Avenue is a road in the city of Charlottesville. The Cherry Avenue Corridor is the focus of ongoing discussions about revitalization.  Members of the area have requested a small-area plan be conducted as a result of developments such as William Taylor Plaza.  
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Small Area Plan
The Fifeville Neighborhood Association has been seeking a formal small-area plan to inform development in the community. Much of the road between Roosevelt Brown Boulevard and Ridge Street is zoned for mixed-use.
Members of the city planning commission took a tour of Cherry Avenue on June 28, 2016. 
- Atlas Projects is obtained a rezoning of land in the 900 block of King Street from single-family residential to the Cherry Avenue zoning.  City Council held its first reading of the rezoning on July 5, 2017. 
- Web. Commission denies request to add more homes to William Taylor Plaza, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, February 9, 2011, retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Web. City planning panel recommends Cherry Avenue for detailed study, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 28, 2016, retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Web. Fifeville neighborhood wants small-area plan for Cherry Avenue, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 20, 2016, retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Web. Council Orders Fight on Raise in Phone Rates, Staff Reports, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, April 6, 1948, retrieved December 23, 2016 from University of Virginia Library. Print. April 6, 1948 page 7.
- Web. Avon Street corridor to get "fresh eyes" from national planning think-tank, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 22, 2010, retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Web. Planners tour Cherry Avenue in advance of hotel groundbreaking, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 29, 2016, retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Web. Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission packet for October 5, 2017 meeting, Meeting packet, Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission, retrieved October 8, 2017.
- Web. King Street zoning change approved by City Planning Commission, Talia Wiener, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 16, 2017, retrieved June 26, 2017.
- Web. Fifeville zoning change receives positive feedback from City Council, Talia Wiener, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, July 5, 2017, retrieved July 11, 2017.