Charlottesville Skateboard Park
Charlottesville Skateboard Park, also known as McIntire Skateboard Park, or simply "the skate park" is a Charlottesville City Park, free and open to the public. Full pads (helmet, knee pads, elbow pads) are required to use the park, though free pads are available to borrow.  The park was completed in 2000. 
The skate park ranks in 2011 among the top two city parks in number of visits per year.
Construction of the new facility is expected to begin on March 5, 2018. 
The skate park arose somewhat organically in the mid- to late-1990s[when?], when skateboarders set up ramps, rails, and other obstacles on the site of former tennis courts. The city eventually took over the site and turned it into an official city park. 
Meadowcreek Parkway relocation
The park is be relocated to the east side of McIntire Park due to the construction of the Meadowcreek Parkway Interchange.  Planning process for a new permanent site began in the summer of 2014.  An open house for the design review will be held on As of January 22, 2015 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the Carver Recreation Center. 
Construction of the new facility is set to start on March 5, 2018. 
- Web. Charlottesville: Skate Park, official website, City of Charlottesville
- Web. Evolution of Charlottesville's Skate Park, Daria Brezinski, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 22, 2013, retrieved June 27, 2013.
- Web. With parkway looming, where is a skater to go?, Bryan McKenzie, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, October 29, 2011
- Web. Daily grind: Construction on city’s $2 million skate park ramps up, Samantha Baars, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, February 21, 2018, retrieved February 21, 2018. Print. February 21, 2018 .
- Web. Skate Park designs move forward, awaiting funds, Effie Nicholaou, Charlottesville Tomorrow, May 14, 2014, retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Web. McIntire Skate Park Design Review Open House, Calendar, Charlottesville Tomorrow, retrieved January 11, 2015.
- Web. Construction set to begin on pedestrian bridge, skate park in McIntire Park, Staff reports, News Article, CBS19 News, January 22, 2018, retrieved January 23, 2018.