Charlottesville City School Board
The Charlottesville City School Board is the body that makes decisions related to Charlottesville City Schools. The city switched to an elected school board in 2006. Members are elected to four-year terms.
Prior to 2006, members were appointed by Charlottesville City Council.
Applications to serve as an interim member until the November 6 election will be taken through March 23.
Candidates for interim appointment
- James Bryant
- Lashundra Bryson Morsberger
- Selena Cozart
- Emily Dooley
- Brian Dublirer
- Jessie Audette Muniz
- Julia Prousalis
- John Santoski
- Jennifer Slack
- Matthew Tennant
- Joe Thomas
- Amy Laufer, Board Chair, term ends 2020
- Leah Puryear, Vice Chair, term ends 2021
- Sherry Kraft, term ends 2020
- Lisa Larson-Torres, term ends 2021
- Juandiego R. Wade, term ends 2021
- Jennifer McKeever, term ends 2020
- Juandiego Wade, Board Chair, term ends 2013
- Amy Laufer, Vice Chair, term ends 2014
- Colette E. Blount, term ends 2014
- Jennifer McKeever, term ends 2014
- Ned Michie, term ends 2013
- Willa Neale, term ends 2014
- Leah Puryear, term ends 2013
- Web. City School Board initiates process to fill vacancy, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 12, 2018, retrieved March 19, 2018.
- Web. Charlottesville School Board adds two newcomers, Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, November 3, 2015, retrieved July 20, 2016.
- Web. Charlottesville School Board Members, Charlottesville City Schools, retrieved July 20, 2016.
- Web. School Board Recap, sort of, Jennifer McKeever, Jennifer McKeever, January 10, 2013, retrieved January 11, 2013.