Charlottesville Educational Foundation
The Charlottesville Educational Foundation was formed in the spring of 1958 by white parents opposed to the desegregation of Charlottesville's city schools.  The foundation supported the creation of private schools as a permanent solution.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
One of the founders was Hovey S. Dabney.
On September 24, 1959, Charlottesville City Council met to appropriate money on a quarterly basis rather than an annual one. This was done to speed up payment to schools set up under the Charlottesville Educational Foundation program intended to evade desegregation of schools. 
On September 24, 1962, an auxiliary group of parents were told there will be an addition at Robert E. Lee Elementary School. This was to add four classrooms, two of which could be converted into an auditorium. 
- Robert E. Lee Elementary School – Around 190 students were enrolled in the fall of 1959
- Rock Hill Academy – Around 350 students were enrolled in the fall of 1959
- E.J. Oglesby – Resigned as president in spring of 1962 to teach mathematics at Rock Hill Academy 
- Web. Interview of Hovey S. Dabney. Interviewed by George Gilliam, Mason Mills, of The Ground Beneath Our Feet project., The Ground Beneath Our Feet: Virginia's History Since the Civil War, Central Virginia Educational Television Corporation, retrieved May 7, 2021.
- Web. City Moves to Speed Up Funds, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, September 23, 1959, retrieved September 22, 2022.
- Web. Plans Heard For Addition to Lee School, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, September 25, 1962, retrieved September 24, 2022.