Cale Elementary School
Cale Elementary School is an Albemarle County public elementary school located near the Mill Creek neighborhood and Monticello High School. It is part of the county's Southern Feeder Pattern. After graduating, students from Cale will enter either Burley Middle School or Walton Middle School and will graduate from Monticello High School.
As of 2018, Cale Elementary has 662 students enrolled and 102 faculty and staff members.
The mascot is the Colt.
Superintendent Matt Hass has directed the system to rename the school after a panel concluded that statements Cale made in his lifetime were racist. 
|This school article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Cale was built in 1990, replacing the former Rose Hill Elementary School. It is named for Paul H. Cale, who served as the Superintendent of Albemarle County Schools from 1947 until 1969.. In 1998, a new wing containing six classrooms was added, and in 2007 a two-story addition was completed
The following is a list of people who have served as principal
|2019 - present||Cyndi Wells|
|2007 - 2019||Lisa D. Jones|
|2001 - 2007||Matthew Landahl|
|1990 - 2001||Gerald Terrell|
- Web. Cale School Profile, retrieved May 30, 2012.
- Web. Superintendent: Cale Elementary Should Change Name, Annie Schroder, News Article, NBC29, September 26, 2019, retrieved September 29, 2019.
- Web. Cale School Profile/History, retrieved September 30, 2010.
- Web. Albemarle schools official named next Cale principal, Katherine Knott, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, July 13, 2019, retrieved July 13, 2019.
- Web. School board appoints new principal at Cale Elementary, News Staff, News Article, CBS19, Charlottesville, VA, July 12, 2019, retrieved July 12, 2019.
Cale Elementary is located at 1757 Avon Street Extended, Charlottesville, VA 22902