Cale Elementary School
Cale Elementary School is an Albemarle County public elementary school located near the Mill Creek neighborhood and Monticello High School. The school is part of the county's Southern Feeder Pattern. After graduating, students from Cale will enter either Burley Middle School or Walton Middle School and will graduate from Monticello High School. 
At the beginning of the 2019 school year, Cale Elementary reported 770 enrolled, up from 683 in 2018 and 663 in 2017. 
|This school article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Cale was built in 1990, replacing the former Rose Hill Elementary School. It is named for Paul H. Cale, who served as the Superintendent of Albemarle County Schools from 1947 until 1969.. In 1998, a new wing containing six classrooms was added, and in 2007 a two-story addition was completed. 
Description from 2019 State of the Division Annual Report
"Cale Elementary is a PK-5 school where teachers work together to improve academic, social/emotional, and personal outcomes for all students. Our vision is to provide a stimulating and positive learning environment that will encourage students to reach their maximum potential. We accomplish this through Professional Learning Community (PLC) work and meaningful learning partnerships with students and their families. We work to bring the ACPS mission to life on a daily basis for our ever-growing student population." 
The following is a list of people who have served as principal: 
|2019 - present||Cyndi Wells|
|2007 - 2019||Lisa D. Jones|
|2001 - 2007||Matthew Landahl|
|1990 - 2001||Gerald Terrell|
Six new names for Cale were whittled down by an advisory committee in November, 2019. They are:
- Mountain View
- Biscuit Run
- Avon Ridge
- Mill Creek 
- Web. Cale Elementary School Fact Sheet, retrieved November 17, 2019.
- Web. Cale Elementary School, School Quality Profile, Virginia Department of Education, retrieved November 17, 2019.
- Web. Superintendent: Cale Elementary Should Change Name, Annie Schroder, News Article, NBC29, September 26, 2019, retrieved September 29, 2019.
- Web. Cale School Profile/History, retrieved September 30, 2010.
- Web. State of the Division: A Work In Progress, Office of Strategic Communications, Annual Report, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved November 17, 2019.
- Web. Albemarle schools official named next Cale principal, Katherine Knott, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, July 13, 2019, retrieved July 13, 2019.
- Web. School board appoints new principal at Cale Elementary, News Staff, News Article, CBS19, Charlottesville, VA, July 12, 2019, retrieved July 12, 2019.
- Web. Cale committee selects six potential new names, Katherine Knott, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 20, 2019, retrieved November 21, 2019. Print. November 21, 2019 page A1.
Cale Elementary is located at 1757 Avon Street Extended, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- School website
- Virginia School Quality Profile
- 2018-19 Strategic Improvement Plan
- [https://www.k12albemarle.org/school/caes/Documents/CALES%2019-20_SIP.pdf 2019-20 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019 Elementary School Climate Survey