The CFA Institute awards the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, administering the CFA Exam. It also publishes the Financial Analysts Journal, founded in 1945. and operates the CFA Institute Centre for Financial Market Integrity and the CFA Research Foundation. The CFA exam was administred more than 250,000 times in 2016. 
CFA had 432 employees in Charlottesville in mid March 2020. 
Move to Charlottesville
CFA is working with Octagon Partners to renovate the Martha Jefferson Hospital to consolidate the organization's operations in one place. The cost of the project is estimated to be $24.5 million.  A groundbreaking ceremony was held in late October 2012, six months after originally being scheduled.  
|An article on Wikipedia has information about CFA Institute in areas beyond Albemarle County's borders.|
- Web. Local investment: Study evaluates CFA Institute’s impact on area, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, April 23, 2017, retrieved December 31, 2017.
- Web. , Erika Howsare, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, May 14, 2014, retrieved May 16, 2014. Print. May 14, 2014 .
- Web. Virus' impact on local business: While retail could take a hit, others turn to telecommuting, Allison Wrabel, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, March 14, 2020, retrieved March 15, 2020. Print. March 15, 2020 page A1.
- Web. Planning commission grants design approval for Martha Jefferson reuse, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 10, 2011, retrieved August 10, 2011.
- Web. CFA to Break Ground in April at Old Martha Jefferson Hospital, Ed Sykes, NBC29, February 27, 2012, retrieved February 28, 2012.
- Web. CFA Institute announces fall 2013 move-in to old Martha Jeff site, Graelyn Brashear, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, retrieved November 5, 2012.