Democratic nomination for Charlottesville City Council
|For term to start||January 2020|
|Term End||December 2023|
|Alma mater||Georgia Tech, degree in mechanical engineering, 1994
Biola University, Los Angeles Master's Degree, 2004
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
He grew up in Georgia and graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in mechanical engineering in 1994. He received a master’s degree from Biola University in Los Angeles in 2004 and completed a doctorate in philosophy at UVa in 2012. He formerly served as chair of the board of directors of the Region Ten Community Services Board.
Pinkston's slogan is "A Voice for the Common Good." 
- Web. Three more candidates plan council campaigns, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, January 10, 2019, retrieved January 14, 2019.
- Web. Brian Pinkston Launches Campaign for Charlottesville City Council, Annie Schroeder, News Article, WVIR NBC29, February 6, 2019, retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Web. Democrat Brian Pinkston Joins City Council Race, News Article, WVIR NBC29, January 22, 2019, retrieved January 24, 2019.
- Web. Brian Pinkston joins three other Democratic candidates contending for City Council, Elizabeth Robinson, News Article, Cavalier Daily, February 17, 2019, retrieved February 28, 2019.
- Web. Five Democratic council candidates make their cases at forum, Tyler Hammel, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, February 23, 2019, retrieved February 24, 2019.