The developer is seeking a rezoning of 84 acres from Rural Areas zoning to R-4 zoning. The proposal that went before the Albemarle Planning Commission on July 7, 2020 was for 160 units on 84 acres. They recommended denial. 
- June 24, 2019 – Community meeting before Village of Rivanna Community Advisory Committee. 
- July 30, 2019 – Planning Commission work session
- July 7, 2020 – Albemarle Planning Commission recommends denial of rezoning request on a 6-0 vote 
- September 7, 2020 – Southern Development defers rezoning request 
- October 21, 2020 – Supervisors refer item to Planning Commission before resubmission comes back to them
- November 24, 2020 – Planning Commission recommends denial again 
- January 20, 2021 – Supervisors vote 3-3 on motion to approve, meaning the rezoning application failed Supervisors Donna Price, Ann H. Mallek and Liz Palmer voted against the rezoning during the board’s virtual meeting, while Bea LaPisto-Kirtley, Diantha McKeel and Ned Gallaway supported the rezoning. Tie votes cause motions to fail.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Web. [http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/forms_center/departments/community_development/forms/PC_Reports/2020/ZMA2019-4_Breezy_Hill_July_7_2020_Staff_Report.pdf COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE PLANNING STAFF REPORT SUMMARY - ZMA201900004 Breezy Hill], Megan Nedostup, Principal Planner, staff Report, Albemarle County Department of Community Development, retrieved August 8, 2020.
- Web. VILLAGE OF RIVANNA COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE MINUTES JUNE 24, 2019, Minutes, Albematle, retrieved August 8, 2020.
- Web. [http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/Forms_Center/Departments/Community_Development/Forms/PC_Action_Memos/2020/FINAL_PC_07_07_2020_action_memo.pdf FINAL ACTION MEMO Planning Commission Meeting of July 7, 2020], Action Memo, Albemarle County Department of Community Development, retrieved August 8, 2020.
- Web. , Allison Wrabel, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, September 9, 2020, retrieved October 21, 2020.
- Web. November 25, 2020: Citing traffic impact, Albemarle planning panel recommends denial of 130-unit neighborhood near Glenmore, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Community Engagement, Town Crier Productions, November 25, 2020, retrieved November 26, 2020.
- Web. Breezy Hill development denied by Albemarle supervisors, Allison Wrabel, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, January 22, 2021, retrieved January 22, 2021.