Brad Sheffield (D-Rio)
Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
|Electoral District||Rio District|
|Term Start||January 2014|
|Term End||December 2017|
|Preceded by||Rodney Thomas|
|Succeeded by||Ned Gallaway|
|Date of birth||January 1, 1974
|Alma mater||University of Virginia (B.A. and M.A. in Urban and Environmental Planning)|
|Profession||Executive Director, JAUNT|
Jaymie L. "Brad" Sheffield is a former executive director of JAUNT who was asked to resign in December 2020 following an investigation by radio host Rob Schilling into questionable spending that led to an audit that revealed tens of thousands of expenses on business trips. Sheffield resigned but claimed no wrong-doing. In May 2021, the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation announced an investigation. 
Sheffield announced his campaign to run for the Democratic nomination for the Rio District seat on the Board of Supervisors on April 23, 2013.  Sheffield raised $7,760 between April and May 29, 2013, including one $5,000 contribution from Sonjia Smith.
Sheffield moved to the community in 1998 to attend the University of Virginia, where he received a masters in urban and environmental planning. He and his family left the area to work in southwest Georgia and Tallahassee, Florida before moving back to work for the Renaissance Planning Group.
Sheffield raised $10,989 in campaign donations in July and August 2013. 
|Brad Sheffield (D) Winner||3,318||56.68|
|Rodney Thomas (R) Incumbent||2,525||43.13|
|Source: State Board of Educations|
|Candidate Profile Resources|
|Candidate||Brad Sheffield (D) - WINNER|
|Office||Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Rio District|
|Election year||2013 election|
|Candidate interviews by Charlottesville Tomorrow|
|Candidate interview transcript|
|Candidate interview audio|
Audio of campaign announcement
<play audio>http://s3.amazonaws.com/cville/cm%2Fmutlimedia%2F20130423-Sheffield.mp3 </play audio>
- Web. State launches investigation into JAUNT’s “troubling” spending, funding paused, RIley Wyant, News Article, WVIR NBC29, May 21, 2021, retrieved May 26, 2021.
- Web. Democrats gain advantage on Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, J. Reynolds Hutchins, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, November 5, 2013, retrieved November 5, 2013.
- Web. Sheffield won’t seek re-election to Rio District, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, February 7, 2017, retrieved October 25, 2017.
- Web. Transportation planner to challenge Thomas in Rio district, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, April 23, 2013, retrieved April 24, 2013.
- Web. Palmer, McKeel lead local candidates in fundraising, Daily Progress Staff Reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, June 7, 2013, retrieved June 10, 2013.
- Web. Sheffield announces challenge for Thomas' seat, J. Reynolds Hutchins, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, April 23, 2013, retrieved April 24, 2013.
- Web. Local campaigns garner support from political parties, business PAC, Maggie Ambrose and Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, September 22, 2013, retrieved October 3, 2013.
- Web. Albemarle County Election Results, Virginia State Board of Elections, retrieved November 11, 2013.