Belmont Point is the name of a development under way in the Belmont Area near Quarry Park. After site work, grading, and road infrastructure is completed by developer Andrew Baldwin, Southern Development built the more than two dozen homes in the neighborhood. Homes were originally (2013) intended to be between $379,900 and $419,900. Actual sales prices (2020) have been higher. The development is sold out.
The Charlottesville City Assessor’s Office has completed the 2021 reassessment. Of the 26 taxable properties in this development, the land value the 25 residential parcels increased by 104.5 percent ($55,00 in 2020 to $112,500 for 2021). Of the 15,148 taxable properties in the city, residential parcels increased by an average of 4.2 percent.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- February 12, 2013 – The Charlottesville Planning Commission voted 6-0 to recommend denial. They would later deadlock on a revised submission. 
- May 21, 2013 – City Council voted 3-2 to approve the rezoning and critical slopes waiver in May 2013.  The Councilors who voted for the project were Dave Norris, Satyendra Huja and Kristin Szakos. The no votes were from Kathy Galvin and Dede Smith. 
- October 9, 2018 – The final subdivision plan was approved in the Planning Commission's consent agenda 
- Web. Belmont Point, SOUTHERN DEVELOPMENT HOMES, retrieved January 31, 2021.
- Web. City of Charlottesville GIS Viewer, City of Charlottesville, Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021, retrieved Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021.
- Web. Charlottesville City Assessor’s Office completes 2021 reassessment, Augusta Free Press, Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021, retrieved Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021.
- Web. February 12, 2013 Charlottesville Planning Commission minutes, Minutes, retrieved January 31, 2021.
- Web. Divided Council approves Stonehenge development, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, May 23, 2013, retrieved January 31, 2021.
- Web. May 20, 2013, Charlottesville City Council, Meeting Minutes, retrieved January 31, 2021.
- Web. October 9, 2018 Charlottesville Planning Commission minutes, Minutes, retrieved January 31, 2021.