|Founded||December 5, 2007|
|Founder||John Woodriff and Joshua Hunt|
|No. of locations||One|
|Area served||Downtown, Belmont, Carlton|
|Key people||Jay Campbell, Beer Buyer|
Beer Run is a restaurant that specializes in serving and selling craft beer. Step-brothers Joshua Hunt and John Woodriff founded the restaurant in December 2007, based on a suggestion made by their mother, Mary Ann Parr. At the time, Hunt was a bartender in Austin, Texas and Woodriff was a real estate agent in Charlottesville. Originally intended only to be a beer store, Beer Run evolved into a restaurant when Hunt and Woodriff learned that state law requires alcohol be served with food. Parr, who is the former owner and operator of The Virginian, helped them find their head chef, Hernan Franco. Jay Campbell, a full-time employee, is responsible for choosing and buying the restaurant's beer. The restaurant won Best of C-Ville for its beer selection and its bloody mary in 2012. Beer Run also won Best of C-Ville awards in 2009, 2010, and 2011. Imbibe magazine named the restaurant one of the top ten beer shops in the United States. Beer Run and Starr Hill co-sponsor the annual Top of the Hops beer festival.
It is located in the Woolen Mills Pointe shopping center.
Hours of operation
- Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday 8 a.m. - midnight
- Sunday 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Web. Beer Run, The Charlottesville 29, 2013, retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Web. Best of C-VILLE 2012: Food & Drink, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, 21 Aug 2012, retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Web. Beer Run Home, Beer Run, retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Web. 100 Best Places to Drink Beer in America, Joe Germuska, Imbibe Magazine, Oct 2008, retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Web. Sponsors, Top of the Hops Beer Festival, retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Web. Beer Run, Beer Run, retrieved July 25, 2011.