Significant events that happened (or will happen) on April 12.
- 2002 – Advance Mills Historic District added to Virginia Landmarks Register 
- 2006 – League of Women Voters of the Charlottesville Area hold campaign forum for three candidates in the May 2, 2006 election 
- 2019 – Habitat for Humanity held a campaign forum for Democratic candidates seeking three nominations for Charlottesville City Council at the University of Virginia. 
- 1917 – Extra Policeman Meredith A. Thomas, age 41, was shot and killed as he confronted one of two men who he caught stealing hams from a warehouse. The killing of Mr. Thomas was the final of a series of thefts which had been going on in the wholesale section for many weeks. 
- 2021 – Bicyclist Robert Ryals Bowman is struck and killed in a crash involving two vehicles. 
- ↑ Web. 002-5024 Advance Mills Historic District, Website, Virginia Landmarks Register, April 4, 2018, retrieved January 18, 2020.
- ↑ Web. City Council Candidate Forum #3, News Article, April 12, 2006, retrieved April 10, 2021.
- ↑ Web. City Council hopefuls talk affordable housing, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, April 13, 2019, retrieved April 13, 2019.
- ↑ Web. Sub Policeman is Murdered, Staff Reports, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, April 13, 1917, retrieved April 12, 2021 from University of Virginia Library. Print. April 13, 1917 page 1.
- ↑ Web. Albemarle County police release name of cyclist killed in crash near Ivy Rd. and Bloomfield Rd., Riley Wyant, News Article, retrieved May 1, 2021.