Albemarle County Public Schools
|This school article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
In June 2017, the School Board was presented with a study from the Arthur J. Gallagher & Company consulting firm on teacher salary. The report found the salaries of the county’s teachers fared well in comparison to some of Virginia’s highest-performing school divisions. The study also identified areas for improvement related to the selection of peer communities for salary comparisons and the amounts paid in stipends for work outside the classroom. The company was paid $32,325 for their work which consisted of a months-long review of teacher compensation by facilitating teacher and administrator focus groups and gathering external data.
In 2016-2017, salaries of county teachers with a bachelor’s degree ranged from $45,400 in the first year of teaching to $68,000 after 31 years. 
School attendance zones
As of December 2012, the school division is considering changing its attendance boundaries.
- Agnor-Hurt Elementary School
- Baker-Butler Elementary School
- Broadus Wood Elementary School
- Brownsville Elementary School
- Cale Elementary School
- Crozet Elementary School
- Greer Elementary School
- Hollymead Elementary School
- Meriwether Lewis Elementary School
- Murray Elementary School
- Red Hill Elementary School
- Scottsville Elementary School
- Stone-Robinson Elementary School
- Stony Point Elementary School
- Woodbrook Elementary School
- Burley Middle School
- Henley Middle School
- Jouett Middle School
- Sutherland Middle School
- Walton Middle School
- Community Public Charter School, A Charter School
- Albemarle High School
- Albemarle High School Math, Engineering & Science Academy (MESA)
- Monticello High School
- Murray High School, A Charter School
- Western Albemarle High School
- Charlottesville Albemarle Technical Education Center (CATEC)
In 2016, Albemarle voters approved a $35 million bond referendum.
- School Division website
- School Board agenda, policies, minutes
- Resources for Realtors (school fact sheets)
- Web. Albemarle board mulls options for crowded elementaries, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, September 19, 2018, retrieved September 20, 2018.
- Web. Albemarle School Board considering new competitive market for teacher pay, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 16, 2017, retrieved June 26, 2017.
- Web. Albemarle school redistricting panels to lay out options, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, 9 Dec 2012, retrieved 10 Dec 2012.
- Web. Albemarle School Board votes to consolidate Yancey Elementary into Red Hill, Scottsville, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, May 25, 2017, retrieved March 5, 2018.