29th Place is a 169,000 square-foot retail development located on U.S. 29 across from Fashion Square Mall.  It was formerly known as Shopper's World Plaza]] until being renamed in 2013 as part of a rebranding and rehabilitation effort. 
Originally constructed in the 1970s, Shoppers world was purchased by the Rockville, Maryland-based company, Federal Realty Investment Trust, in 2007. In March 2012, the company announced plans to redesign many of the stores' facades as well as the arrival of new stores, such as a Stein Mart and a DSW.
Shopper's World formerly housed a Whole Foods grocery story, but that site is now vacant. Another tenant, Ragazzi's, moved to a new development, Rivanna Plaza which was slated to open in the spring of 2012  A new restaurant called Jason's Deli will take its place at some point in 2012. but construction has been delayed. 
The redevelopment of Shopper's World cost $11 million. 
The following businesses are housed in Shoppers World:
- Advance Auto Parts
- Book Room
- Charlottesville Golf
- Copacabana Restaurant
- Designer Show Warehouse
- Duron Paints & Wallcovering
- Home Goods
- Jason's Deli
- Lane Bryant
- Marianne's Hair Salon
- Market Street Wine
- Massage Envy
- Mattress Warehouse
- Men's Wearhouse
- Music & Arts Center
- Radio Shack
- Reines Jewelers
- Spas N Nails
- Starbucks Coffee
- Stein Mart
- Super Kicks Karate
- Wild Birds Unlimited
- Web. Stein Mart to open in Shoppers World on Oct. 25, Daily Progress Staff Reports, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, October 4, 2012, retrieved October 8, 2012.
- Web. Shoppers World gets new name in Charlottesville, Virginia Business, January 13, 2013, retrieved September 23, 2016.
- Web. Shoppers changes: Center to welcome Stein Mart, DSW shoes, David McNair, The Hook, March 5, 2012, retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Web. Commercial center on U.S. 29 gets under way, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, retrieved September 15, 2011.
- Web. New deli in Shoppers World moving along, Courtney Beale, Charlottesville Tomorrow, retrieved May 9, 2012.
- Web. Shoppers World Profile, Federal Realty, Rockville, Maryland, retrieved July 19, 2012.