- June 4: The Council Council appointed community members to the Charlottesville Police Civilian Review Board (CRB):
- July 2: the Council Council appointed additional community members to the Charlottesville Police Civilian Review Board (CRB):
- July 16: At their 2nd Regular meeting of the month, the City Council decided to again rename two Downtown parks. The former Lee Park, renamed Emancipation Park, is now Market Street Park. The former Jackson Park, whose name was changed to Justice Park, is now Court Square Park.
- December 5: Members of the City Council were in session.
- Web. City School Board initiates process to fill vacancy, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 12, 2018, retrieved March 19, 2018.