2017 primary election
|This Elections-related article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Both Democratic and Republican primary elections will be held June 13 2017.
Both parties are having primary elections for Governor and Lt. Governor nominees.
|An article on Wikipedia has information about Virginia statewide races in areas beyond Albemarle County's borders.|
Local Democratic primary
In Charlottesville, Democrats are selecting
- one nominee for the 57th District; Incombent David Toscano is facing challenger Ross Mittiga.
- one nominee for a vacant Charlottesville Commonwealth's Attorney, Joe Platania vs. Jeff Fogel, and
- two nominees for City Council from among incumbent Bob Fenwick and challengers Amy Laufer and Heather Hill.
Local Republican primary
There are no local races for Republican party candidates in Charlottesville.
- Sample ballot, Democratic Party Primary Election, Electoral Board of the City of Charlottesville
- Sample ballot, Republican Party Primary Election, Electoral Board of the City of Charlottesville